Home' The Mirror Wanaka : September 4th 2013 Contents 4.9.13
FROM FULL CAR (CLASS 1)
TO FULL TRUCK (CLASS 2)
(Road Code & Pre-Assessment Driving Training Provided)
INTEREST FREE TIME PAYMENT
BALCLUTHA HT 10TH & 11TH SEPTEMBER
ALEXANDRA HT 24TH & 25TH SEPTEMBER
QUEENSTOWN HT 1ST & 2ND OCTOBER
TE ANAU HT 8TH & 9TH OCTOBER
Other Courses/Endorsements available are
WHEELS, TRACKS, ROLLERS, DANGEROUS GOODS,
PASSENGER, VEHICLE RECOVERY, FORKLIFT
(OSH & F) & MOTORCYCLE - BASIC SKILLS
Where possible all are available at times to suit you (including weekends)
Phone 03 230-4326 or 027 273-2442. Fax 03 230-4328
FREEPHONE 0508 2 DRIVE (37483)
The Central Otago District Council has accepted a change proposed to the Central Otago District Plan (the proposal). Plan Change 10 has been requested
by Canterbury Mortgage Trust Limited, and this request was accepted by the Council on 1 July 2013.
Plan Change 10 : Removal of McArthur Ridge Resource Area
Plan Change 10 amends the Operative Central Otago District Plan to remove those provisions that relate to the McArthur Ridge Resource Area.
Plan Change 10 amends Maps 42 and 56 of the Operative Central Otago District Plan to delete the McArthur Ridge Resource Area notation
from approximately 645 hectares of land that is located generally to the north of Springvale Road and to the west of Golden Road, approximately
6 kilometres from Alexandra. Plan Change 10 provides for the Rural Resource Area notation to be applied to this land instead.
Plan Change 10 deletes Section 4A -- McArthur Ridge Resource Area from the Operative Central Otago District Plan. Section 4A contains
a suite of planning provisions relating to the McArthur Ridge Resource Area including 4A.1 Introduction; 4A.2 Issues; 4A.3 Objectives; 4A.4 Policies;
4A.5 Methods of Implementation; 4A.6 Principal Reasons for Adopting Objectives, Policies and Methods; 4A.7 Rules -- McArthur Ridge Resource Area;
and 4A.8 Environmental Results Anticipated.
Plan Change 10 amends Section 19 of the Operative Central Otago District Plan to delete Schedule 19.21 being the Structure Plan that relates
to the McArthur Ridge Resource Area.
Plan Change 10 amends Sections 2.3.4, 2.5.1, 2.6.1, 2.6.2 and 2.8.5 of the Operative Central Otago District Plan to delete text that relates to development
provided for in the McArthur Ridge Resource Area and/or cross references to provisions contained in Section 4A of the Operative District Plan that are
to be deleted by Plan Change 10.
Plan Change 10 also provides for the Contents sections of the Operative Central Otago District Plan and the Legend that relates to the District Planning
Maps to be amended to delete reference to provisions and the map notation that relate to the McArthur Ridge Resource Area.
Plan Change 10 presents the provisions that are to be amended in the Operative Central Otago District Plan generally in the order in which they are
presented in the Operative District Plan.
A full copy of the proposal being Plan Change 10 and of the request for the plan change which includes a section 32 evaluation relating to the plan change
may be inspected at the following locations
• Central Otago District Council office, 1 Dunorling Street, Alexandra
• Cromwell Service Centre, 42 The Mall, Cromwell
• Ranfurly Service Centre, 15 Pery Street, Ranfurly
• Roxburgh Service Centre, 120 Scotland Street, Roxburgh
• Alexandra Public Library, 41-43 Tarbert Street, Alexandra
• Cromwell Public Library, 43 The Mall, Cromwell
• Roxburgh Public Library, 120 Scotland Street, Roxburgh
• Maniototo Community Library, 15 Caulfield Street, Ranfurly
A full copy of Plan Change 10 and of an Explanatory Statement relating to the plan change can also be viewed on the Council's website at:
http://www.codc.govt.nz/ information/ public_consultation
Please contact Sarah Picard at (03) 4400642 if you have any questions about Plan Change 10.
The following persons may make a submission on the proposal:
• the local authority in its own area may make a submission; and
• any other person may make a submission but, if the person could gain an advantage in trade competition through the submission, then the person
may do so only if the person is directly affected by an effect of the proposal that-
• adversely affects the environment; and
• does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
You may make a submission by sending a written or electronic submission to the Central Otago District Council at PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340 or
by email to email@example.com. The submission must be in Form 5 and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission.
Copies of Form 5 are available at the locations listed above or on request from the Central Otago District Council.
Submissions close on Friday 4 October 2013.
The process for public participation in the consideration of the proposal under the Act is as follows:
• after the closing date for submissions, the Central Otago District Council must prepare a summary of decisions requested by submitters and give
public notice of the availability of this summary and where the summary and submissions can be inspected; and
• there must be an opportunity for the following persons to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions
• any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest:
• any person who has an interest in the proposal greater than the general public has:
• the local authority itself; and
• if a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held; and
• the Central Otago District Council must give its decision on the proposal and matters raised in the submissions (including its reasons for accepting
or rejecting submissions) and give public notice of its decision within 2 years of notifying the proposal and serve it on every person who made a
submission at the same time; and
• any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal against the decision on the proposal to the Environment Court if, in relation to a
provision or matter that is the subject of the appeal, the person referred to the provision or matter in the person's submission on the proposal.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ACT 1991
PUBLIC NOTICE OF PLAN CHANGE 10 TO THE CENTRAL OTAGO DISTRICT PLAN
31 August 2013
* Address for service of local authority: Central Otago District Council, PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340
* Telephone: (03) 4400056 * Fax: (03) 4489196 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Contact person: Sarah Picard -- Planning Officer
Central Otago District Council
Does your School or Early Childhood Centre want
the chance to have morning tea provided by
SHOUT Speech Language Therapy?
The first School and Early Childhood Centre to respond with the
correct answers will be visited by the SHOUT Speech-Language
Therapists and supplied with morning tea during Speech-Language
Therapy awareness week, 16 - 20 September 2013.
Email responses to questions below to
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Name four communication issues in which a Speech-Language
Therapist may provide support:
• Which region does SHOUT Speech Language therapy cover?
• How would you contact, or make a referral to,
SHOUT Speech Language Therapy?
Mirror 4th September
Director & Speech
PH: 027 254 8331
* Responses need to be received by Wednesday
11 September 2013
* Date will be Confirmed with the winning School
and Early Childhood Centre
SHOUT (Speech Language Therapy) LTD is a private speech language therapy
practice providing a range of services throughout Central Otago. We work with
individuals, families, preschools and schools. Referral accepted by email or phone.
Career Development & Training
MT IRON TRENCHING &
Are looking for an
Excavator / Truck driver
Must be experienced in both.
Class 4 licence needed.
Part time/ Fulltime positions available.
Ph (027) 443 5400
Retail Hire and Landscapes
Supplies Manager - Alexandra
Our Central Otago region is going through an exciting
time as it focuses on developing and growing a
new Retail Hire and Landscaping Supply Outlet to
add to its existing successful regional core business
streams. This new development now presents us
with the opportunity to employ a Retail Hire and
Landscapes Supply Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent
customer relations and interpersonal skills, strong
financial and business acumen, leadership qualities,
a history of success in retail sector and previous
knowledge of plant maintenance.
This is a highly strategic role requiring fundamental
leadership skills, outstanding customer acumen
and a passion for shrewd commercial and fiscal
Apply at www.fultonhogan.com/careers
with your CV and cover letter or for more
information, contact Hannah Jones on 09 526 7519.
They really work!
0800 CLASSY 0800 252 779
Evolution vs Creation
Special Guest Speaker Dr Tas Walker, Ph.D.
Creation Ministries International
6.30pm This Sunday
Links Archive September 11th 2013 Navigation Previous Page Next Page